Saturday, March 26, 2011

Et tu Spock?

How could I possibly in good conscience mention Captain Kirk's birthday birthday but not Mr. Spocks? Answer: I can't. Sure, had I remember that today was Leonard Nimoy's 80th birthday I probably would have just mentioned the two together, but what can I say, I guess I'm just not a very good Star Trek fan.

Though obviously less active today where film and Television are concerned ( he actually announced his retirement from acting last year), like Shatner and the rest of the cast, Nimoy has gone on to do a variety of things post-Trek.

He's appeared in loads of television shows, the Star Trek Movies of course, two of which he directed ( he also directed Three Men and baby, which I did not know, but will try not to hold against him), he's an accomplished photographer (link contains naked people), AND he even managed to record an album of his own AS Mr. Spock.

So, if you're fan, why not take a moment to hop on Twitter wish @TheRealNimoy a Happy birthday?! Oh, and if you make a live long and prosper joke when you do it, you're a terrible human being and your children will all be born with two heads.

-CAINE-

Leonard Nimoy, "Highly Illogical", from "Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space"( I have nothing snarky to say about this as it is the man's 80th birthday).

Posted by Youtube user:synthastia

Image credit: Unknown- via:Phantasmagoria

No comments:

Post a Comment