Monday, January 7, 2013

My Favorite SHow Ep:08: Esquela




After a brief hiatus for the holidays, My Favorite Show Has returned. Much to the delight of, well, me. Also Tara, and the three of you who actually listen to our ramblings. And since It's a new month, not to mention a new year, that means- new show art. This month, it's one of Tara's. We skip most of the goofy stuff this time around, and spend the majority of our time discussing the fallout from the Newtown massacre, violent entertainment, and the future of education. Seriously though, it's much more fun than it sounds like. Plus, I do manage to drag things down at the end with a donkey sex story. So there's that at least.

On This Week's Episode: The fallout from the Newtown massacre. Specifically, the statement from NRA VP Wayne LaPierre, blaming video games and violent media - A town near Newtown, holding a "book burning" for violent games and other media - A NJ student is arrested for drawing weapons in class - The practice of classroom flipping (probably not what you think) - and changing common core standards, turning High school reading lists mostly nonfiction.

Our Favorite Things for the week: Tara embraces the hottest new site of  2009, with her first deep dive into Kickstarter. While I use my time for an all important update on the case of a Florida man, accused of inappropriate sexual contact with a miniature donkey named Doodle. Cause I'm classy like dat. Also check out: The Reigning Monarchs campaign on Indiegogo.

Also in this EP: Having recently decide to take up playing music again, I decided to tack one of my songs onto the end of the show, "The Plight of Patient- X". So please stick around through the credits (it starts at: 1:05:54) to check that out. Or, you could also go HERE to listen on my tumblr. I'd post that song here, but, I still don't have a place of my own to post such things and embed them elsewhere.

As always, if you enjoy the show, please share it with your friends, and rate and subscribe on iTunes.
 
-CAINE-

No comments:

Post a Comment