Saturday, April 28, 2012

Geek and Sundry: Table Top


Posted by YouTube user: geekandsundry

Right around the same time ( it might even have been the same day) Chris Hardwick was launching his Nerdist channel on YouTube (which I mentioned here previously and you should be subscribed to now) Felicia Day was launching her own channel called, Geek and Sundry. Now, Given her popularity, and the fact that You're on a site like this, I'm going to assume you already know who Felicia Day is. If not, well, go to the channel. Once there, you'll find The Guild, Felicia's "Flog", and a variety of other shows, including, what has quickly become one of my new favorite things: Table Top with Wil Wheaton, where Wil coaches a four geek-celeb panel through a different table top game each episode.

Now I know what you're thinking, and I didn't think watching a handful of geeks play boardgames sounded particularly exciting either, and was fully set to be all snarky and judgmental about it. But after watching it, I thought they did an exceptional job of making doing exactly that, not just entertaining, but more entertaining than it should be. So much so, that I think that even if you never liked boardgames or RPG's, you'll still find it entertaining. In fact, I've actually watched both of the episodes currently out, twice now. Which, I realize as I type that sentence, is an excellent indication of why my dating life so lively. But I really don't see how that's relevant to anything, and I resent you for pointing it out. Now go watch the show, and stop judging me.

Jerks.

-CAINE-


No comments:

Post a Comment