Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Japanese Giant Salamander



Posted by YouTube user: NationalGeographic

I suspect it will surprise virtually none of you to learn that I happen to have an affinity for snakes, reptiles, and amphibians. Yes, I know, weird heavy-metal-guy has a thing for snakes, how predictable. But it's true. If it's slimy, scaly, and creepy, I probably think it's cute, pretty, or fascinating. I also have a thing for bugs and rodents... Have I mentioned that I'm odd?

So you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that apparently- GIANT SALAMANDERS ARE A THING! And I mean, actual GIANT salamanders. Cause, ya know, usually when ya hear the word giant, it just means as compared to regular sized, whatevers. But these things are HUGE! As in "Hey, look at me. I'm a 5 foot long, 80 lbs amphibian", huge. This may be one of my new favorite animals, ever.

-CAINE- 

VIA: weirdthings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment