Monday, June 11, 2012

This Week's Brushes Doodle: Felicia Day as "Invisalingua" With Tiny Infinite Wheaton

"Invisalingua" Have I mentioned bloggers ability to display  images clearly sucks?
Okay, so this week's Brushes painting is actually a bit more than a doodle, cause I actually spent some time on this one. In fact, this might be the first thing I've taken beyond unfinished sketch, in almost 10 years. It's not perfect, and a little silly, but I'm not gonna lie- I'm kinda proud of this one.

But you don't care about that. Cause, right now, you just wanna know what's up with all the pink and lady superheroes- Not that there's anything wrong with that. But let's be honest, it does kind of contradict my usual aesthetic around here. So let me explain.

Felicia Day has a YouTube channel called, Geek and Sundry. On which, she has what is essentially a video blog called, The Flog. Last week, she made up a superhero for herself and encouraged viewers to draw said superhero, and submit their efforts on twitter, where they are now being collected and placed on a Pintrest board. The superhero in question, "Invisalingua"- don't look at me, Felicia named her- can speak all languages, turn invisible, and has a tiny male sidekick named Tiny Man. Since I've been trying to make myself draw something at least once a week anyway, I decided to make Felicia's alter ego my art project for the week.

Thus explains what's with the lady superhero and the tiny Wil Wheaton. As for all the pink... Well, ALL girls like pink; FACT. so.. Ya...

Why am I single again?

In case you're curious:  The "painting" itself, once again, was done using the Brushes app on my iPhone. Which I really should write a proper review of one day, for those of you who might be curious about it. This time around though, I did have to employ a minor assist from Photoshop, for tiny man and the logo on her chest. Because, one of the downsides to illustrating something on a 3.5 inch touch screen, is the level of detail work you can do is kinda limited by pixel depth; having giant man hands doesn't help things much either. Seriously,  the fingernails on her hands, for example, are literally 3-4 pixels wide. So, tiny man, perfect circles, and crisp lettering, just wasn't happening.

-CAINE-  

No comments:

Post a Comment