Saturday, October 16, 2010

Geeking Out With Metal Gear



Thanks to what has become a near sixteen hour daily routine, a lack of funds, and having been forced to become a semi-reasonable facsimile of what the kids call a"responsible adult", I don't often have the time to indulge the beloved life long vice that is my video game habit. But from time to time I do manage to sneak in an hour or two on my PS3 or at least direct my browser towards the game blogs and websites, which is exactly what I did today. And since I feel the blog has thus far been lacking in the "general Geekery" category, I thought I'd share something.

I have been a gamer/computer nerd my entire life. In other words, I've played A LOT of games. From consoles to PC's and even arcade games, yes I'm old enough to remember hanging out in Arcades. In all that time there have only been a handful of games which I have ever become truly enthralled by and residing at the very top of that list is the Metal Gear franchise.

Today I decided to check in on the next installment in the series which I was admittedly apprehensive about given how much I loved MGS 4 and the fact that Rising will be the first game in the series that does not feature some incarnation of Snake as the main character and will also be the first MGS released on both the X-Box and PS3. But after viewing the trailers and game play I managed to find today, I'm confident Rising will be at least as good as MGS 4 and I'm eagerly awaiting it's release. Too bad there's not even a release date yet.

-CAINE-

Here's the trailer for MGS Rising from this Year's E3 which features some early game play and a look at one of the major additions to the mechanics of the game this time around, the ability to cut things in the environment any way you like.


Posted by YouTube user:IGNentertainment

I also found an extended demonstration of the slicing physics if you happen to be interested in learning more about that, the picture isn't the best quality but it's still pretty impressive to watch.


Also posted by:IGNentertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment