Saturday, July 31, 2010

Civlized Meat, Peter Steele and Ouija-Man


Peter Steele 1962-2010

Peter Steele's music has been a source of inspiration and a major part of my life for over fifteen years. Following his death in April I felt the need to do something to acknowledge the influence his life had on my own. The newest track from my band Civilized Meat entitled "Ouija-Man", is my best effort to do so.

At the time of Pete's death "Ouija-Man" was
already written and partially recorded and while it had always been my intention for the track to be the most obvious nod to Type O's influence on the project, following Pete's demise I decided to emphasize that influence even more and have intentionally produced the track to sound as Type-O-like as I could manage without completely abandoning my own style or ripping of theirs. The lyrics themselves are not actually about Pete but choosing a song denouncing those who prey on the grieving by claiming to contact the dead seemed a fitting tribute for an Atheist and complete non-believer like me to make, and I am particularly proud of the way it came out.

If you would like to check out this newest track click HERE or follow the Civilized Meat or Facebook link in the right hand column of this page. If you like the song please add Civilized Meat on Myspace or like my musician page on Facebook
-CAINE-

One of my favorites...

Type O Negative - I Don't Wanna Be Me
Uploaded by metalgirl. - Explore more music videos.



Image credit: Pete, Unknown, Brood cover by: Caine

No comments:

Post a Comment