Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ghost House Pictures Confirms Evil Dead Remake in The Works

In what could potentially be the greatest, or the worst(depending on your feelings about remakes) news for zombies since the birth of George Romero, The web site Dread Central reported earlier this week that:”long-time Sam Raimi editor Bob Murawski (Army of Darkness; Spider-man, Drag me to Hell) has packed up and headed out to Detroit to begin work on the long talked about fourth entry into the Evil Dead franchise, which will be “a small indie thing like the first two.”

Shortly thereafter, Bruce Campbell confirmed the rumor via his very own shiny new twitter feed (@groovybruce), in a response to a fan commenting on the report who said, “I won’t believe in a new Evil Dead film until I see it. Or at least not until @GroovyBruce tells me to believe in it,” to which Campbell responded, “Believe in the remake, dawg! The project is real. In the works. Cool as hell. Scary as hell.”

Finally, on July 13th, Ghost House Pictures issued an press release, confirming that the project was official, and that writer Diablo Cody (Juno, Jennifer’s Body, United States of Tara), was currently revising the script.

Does that mean Ellen Paige is gonna be the new Ash?

I’m just kidding, kind of.

While it seems clear that Bruce will not be the lead in this newest version, which, admittedly makes me sad. The idea that Ash could potentially become a female lead, is PURELY SPECULATION on my part based on Cody’s previous work. Though to be honest, I think that if they could find the right girl, that would be pretty groovy.

But mostly I just wanted to see if I could make some die-hard’s heads explode by implanting the idea.

You’re welcome!

-CAINE-

Source: Dread Central


No comments:

Post a Comment