Sunday, July 31, 2011

Walking Dead SE2 Trailer, & a Question About Your "Zombie Orientation"


Posted by Youtube user: J0hnCl0sed

There are only a handful of reasons I ever regret not having cable, Walking Dead is one of them. For those of you who haven’t watched, while the show is it not without it’s short comings and cliches, I think AMC's Walking Dead is the first new piece of zombie material to do zombies right for quite sometime, and is thus far, my favorite zombie story since the original Dawn of The Dead.

Love this show.

While we're on the subject of zombies. In an effort to illicit a little audience participation, I thought I'd try asking a question:

Shamblers or Runners?

Call me a purist if you like, but I grew up with Romero style zombies and to me, they will always remain the only true zombies.

Runners, just aren’t scary to me. In a cinematic sense, they can deliver more “gotcha” type scares, but I think hordes of mindless, hungry creatures, marching, slowly, relentless towards you, is much more frightening, and I much prefer gore and actual psychological terror, to things jumping out of closets at me. So that’s why I think, REAL zombies shamble, period.

What’s your preference? Let me know in the comments.

-CAINE-

You can also respond to this question on Tumblr, via: GGB on Tumblr or Compendium oF Strange. Of course, you will have to follow me there first (hint-hint).

No comments:

Post a Comment