Saturday, July 23, 2011

Holy Cornholio, The Epic Return of Beavis and Butthead!



Two things I learned via reports from this weeks Comic-con:

1)MTV is apparently still a network, why?

2) They will be airing NEW episodes of Beavis and Butthead in October!

In the above first look at the new run, which looks and feels nearly identical to the original, Beavis' alter ego becomes the leader of a cult thanks to his stigmata, In an episode entitled "Holy Cornholio". See kids, it's a skeptical show! Like South Park, only funny. (yes I said it, and NO, is doesn't have anything to do with the Dawkins episode, I'm just not a fan)

As for the rest of the shows format, which, for those of you unfamiliar included breaks in each episode in which Beavis and Butthead trashed various music videos, that too has remained. But it looks as though this time around, instead of music videos, since MTV apparently doesn't play them anymore(what the hell does the "M" stand for then?), the duo will be spending their time on the couch in between scenes, trashing the networks own reality shows. Which is admittedly a pretty soft target, and a fairly repulsive bit of self-promotion on the networks part. But the end result is still funny, and I have to say, I do agree with Butthead's theory (well there's something I never thought I'd write) that tracing the sexual history of the cast of The Jersey Shore could potentially lead back to the origins of herpes.

In short, [in my best Butthead voice:]

This, is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

-CAINE-

VIA: Laughing Squid

No comments:

Post a Comment